The PEMPAL Internal Audit Community of Practice (IACOP) organized the final meeting of the RIFIX Working Group and the second meeting of the Internal Control Working Group during October 17-19, 2016 in Moscow, Russian Federation.
The RIFIX Working Group had the following objectives:
• To finalize and endorse the Concept Paper on Relationship of Internal Audit with Financial Inspection and External Audit - the IACOP good practice document summarizing the results of work in the RIFIX Working Group.
• To learn good practices in RIFIX by sharing the key recent developments in the countries in the ECA region and beyond.
• To discuss a survey results and analyze the progress made in application of good RIFIX practices in the members countries from the beginning of the establishment of the RIFIX Working Group.
• To discuss the potential for further roll out of the good practice Concept Paper developed.
The Internal Control Working Group focussed on the following objectives:
• Obtain a common understanding of the terms and responsibilities related to internal control.
• Present the COSO model with its 16 principles and discuss those principles that are most relevant to the public sector.
• Share member country experiences with regard to good internal control practices and implementation challenges; learn from other countries how they have addressed those challenges.
• Discuss the priorities and next steps for the IACOP ICWG.
Language: The meetings was conducted in English with simultaneous interpretation into Russian and Bosnian-Croatian-Serbian languages.