The PEMPAL Internal Audit Community of Practice (IACOP) organized its Internal Control Working Group (ICWG) meeting during October 29-30, 2018 and Plenary meeting during October 31 – November 2, 2018 in Tbilisi, Georgia.
The ICWG meeting targets the following objectives:
- Understand control environment and application of related COSO principles in the public-sector context;
- Identify interlinkages with other COSO principles and the three lines of defense model;
- Share good practices and practical tools for establishment of sound internal control environment in a budget organization;
- Establish criteria for assessment of control environment in public sector context.
The Plenary meeting targets the following objectives:
- Share developments in IACOP Internal Control and Audit in Practice Working Groups;
- Explore how to increase and demonstrate the value of internal audit in the public sector;
- Receive insights on the internal audit reform and plans in Georgia and provide IACOP advice;
- Share experience and good practice in IACOP member countries and beyond.