The PEMPAL Internal Audit Community of Practice (IACOP) organized its Plenary meeting and Audit in Practice Working Group (AiP WG) meeting during October 24-27, 2017 in Tashkent, Uzbekistan.
The Plenary meeting focussed on the following objectives:
- Update on implementation of the IACOP Strategic Plan and the added value the IACOP has created;
- Review and discuss IACOP member country achievements in reforming internal audit (using the results of the recent survey);
- Inform about the progress made in the Internal Control and Audit in Practice Working Groups;
- Explore the role of the CHU based on the maturity of public internal control;
- Learn the recent PFM reform efforts in Uzbekistan and provide IACOP advice on internal audit reforms;
- Further strengthen the IACOP network;
- Collect inputs on country reform priorities from plenary participants to validate the IACOP strategy.
The AiP Working Group meeting targeted the following objectives:
- Review audit planning process including establishing audit objectives, scope, techniques, time budget, and allocating required resources;
- Receive solid theoretical and practical knowledge on drafting the audit plan and program (also when facing staff limitation);
- Continue drafting practical case study for AiP WG use, as well for further use by member countries for training process;
- Agree on the next steps in the AiP WG.