Prague (Czech Republic)
The PEMPAL Internal Audit Community of Practice (IACOP) organizes its annual plenary meeting and the first meeting of the Internal Control Working Group during March 21-24, 2016 in Prague, the Czech Republic.
The annual plenary meeting had the following objectives:
• Learn from country successful experience in implementation of the public internal control (PIC) with focus on the Czech Republic
• Share key recent developments in the internal audit in different regions and countries to identify good practices
• Share the knowledge developed and report on the progress made in the IACOP working groups: Internal Audit Quality Assessment Guide, and IACOP Position Paper on RIFIX (Relationship of Infernal Audit with Financial Inspection and External Audit)
• Introduce the IACOP updated strategy and the new Internal Control Working Group
• Update on the progress made on the IACOP Strategic Plan and our added value activities.
The Internal Control Working Group focussed on the following objectives:
• Introduce of the new Internal Control Working Group (ICWG)
• Share key principles and understanding of the Public Internal Controls from EU among members
• Clarify definitions and key players in PIC area
• Agree on the next steps in the ICWG
Language: The meetings were conducted in English with simultaneous interpretation into Russian and Bosnian-Croatian-Serbian languages.