The IACOP will meet in Sochi, Russia for an Audit in Practice Working Group meeting on October 28-29, 2019, and an Internal Control Working Group meeting on October 30-31, 2019.
The objectives are as follows.
Audit in Practice Working Group:
- Explore good practices in the reporting phase of the internal audit engagement process;
- Receive insights on the internal audit developments in the hosting country;
- Explore the role of the internal audit function in detecting fraud and corruption.
Internal Control Working Group:
- Present PEMPAL guidance for internal auditors in assessing the effectiveness of internal control and agree on the glossary;
- Explore practical tools applied in the public sector for implementing COSO principles related to risk management and control activities;
- Learn from good practices in public financial management and internal control implementation in the public sector.